Saturday, January 15, 2011

This doesn't seem like a country, more like a sea.

I am beginning to understand the phrase, "at sea."

"it dates back from the time when accurate navigational aids weren't available and any ship that was out of sight of land was in an uncertain position and in danger of being lost."


"at sea"  has come to mean  "a state of confusion and disorder."

in "The Tempest"  a storm strikes a ship, a violent storm rages around a small ship.

There was a storm,  "a violent storm that raged against a small ship"

From The Tempest

ARIEL [sings]:
Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.
Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell


Maybe it is that we are all going through a "sea change"

I hold you in my heart always and I know if you can guide me through the sea you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment