Monday, January 3, 2011

"Prayer - a long, loving look at the real."  St Ignatius

"St. Augustine said if you can comprehend God, then "it" cannot be God, because God is incomprehensible."   James Martin SJ


A force who loves me even when I cannot love myself.
A divine presence that creates the mysteries of life and love.
A guide through this life.

Where have you "crossed over" to?

Is it a place?  a country of heaven, a land where one rests eternally?

Or is there no where to go?  as some mystics say. and you are right here, beside me, with me, part of me.

Are we all right here, all the time, traveling together though I have no idea what that means.

these are the thoughts I have every day.

I want answers but none are coming

I'm crawling, not even on my knees yet.

and it's all I can do.

I know I'm a bit dramtic, maybe more than a bit

you called me Sarah Burnhardt, or Sarah Heartburn...!

I was a cry baby, still am.....

but I am cozying up to the crybaby in me...

and even liking her a bit.

My prayer is to love you and honor you forever and ever.

There is no death.

Life is eternal.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment