Thursday, December 2, 2010

"There is a lantern in the soul.  Meister Eckhart says there is a place in the soul that neither space nor time nor flesh can touch.  This is the eternal place within us.
The deepest things that you need are not elsewhere.  They are here and now in that circle of your own soul."  John O'Donohue, Anam Cara




in the lantern in my soul,
your light is there.
I do not find you in outward things,
places or people, I find you inside my own tranquility.

"You are an eternal essence; this is the ancient reason why you are here."   Anam Cara

I pray for your eternal essence, not that I understand it, but I have faith in it.
For all that you were on earth and all that you are in that eternal essence, I always knew
that you could not be destroyed, and that is what remains, the eternal essence of you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment