Monday, November 29, 2010

"The dead bless us, we do not need to grieve for the dead.
Why should we grieve for them? 
They are now in a place where there is no more shadow, darkness, loneliness, isolation or pain. 
They are home.
They are with God from whom they came. 
They have returned to the nest of their identity within the great circle of God.
God is the greatest circle of all, the largest embrace in the universe which holds visible and invisible, temporal and eternal as one."   John O'Donohue/ Anam Cara

I want to believe all of that.
I'm not there yet.
Where is that place ?
Where can I find you now?
You occupy a greater space than when you were here.
Everything I do, say, think, feel, you are there with me.
You are on "the other side of the air,"  yet within my breath,
because every breath I take I hold you in that space.

    I like to believe that your soul is free.
    free as it wants to be.
   
    I have to see where my soul now wants to go,
    what it wants to do while it is still here.
    I know that my soul wants nothing more than to honor your life,
    your soul, your love.
    I pray for that. 

   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment