Saturday, September 18, 2010

"The Day"

   On this day shall atonement be made for you, to cleanse you; from all your sins you shall be clean before the Lord."  Lev. 16:30
  It is time to let go of past transgressions.
  To start anew.
 "The old has passed away, the new has come."

  A new beginning? I don't know where to find it.
  The mournful melody I sing,  I don't know how to stop.
  I pray for you every day, I pray to know your soul in whatever form it is now,
  yet not keep you from your destiny.
  I pray to live life.
   And on this day I pray to be forgiven for all the past, to be forgiven by anyone I have offended, for any sin I committed in stubbornness or in error, for the sin committed by word of mouth, by deed, by thought, I let the past go. 
 I shut out all the past, all regrets, all sins, all remorse and guilt.  I send my sins into the sea.  lost among the waves. forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment