Saturday, March 19, 2011

"You see this glass? For me, it is already broken. I enjoy it; I drink out of it. It holds water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it.
But when I put this glass on a shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, "Of course." But when I understand that this glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious."

             Achaan Chaa

Every moment with you was precious, I recognized the "broken glass" that was your body, I knew it could break, would break,
as my body will break, and every moment with it is precious.

I pray to recognize the broken glass that is my body and all bodies, to recognize their preciousness every moment.

I pray for your soul in the divine presence, all around me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment